Because every woman needs a little Therapy...

Tuesday 10 April 2012

BIG ARMS......

I've got big arms and I hate them.......

Big arms are the bane of this nation, not that the nation seems to give a damn. Women unashamedly baring huge arms that need to be covered continually confront us,though I do try to cover mine as much as possible! Do not lay the blame at their feet, it's the manufacturers who should be shot for not knowing their market. They are hell-bent on mass-producing tops and dresses with no sleeves and these in turn are the ones photographed for the magazines. My upper arms could feed a family of six and I find the lack of sleeves depressing!! What the hell are we supposed to wear in the summer??

Some simple guidelines to follow.....

Never wear cap sleeves or a sleeveless vest(unless it's for gardening), these just make your arms look bigger.
Try wearing three-quarter length sleeves as these hide the top of the arms but show off the delicate wrist area.

No puff sleeves or halternecks, both will accentuate the tops of the arms.
Try and find long sleeve blouses with a floaty cuff as these add a touch of delicacy to big arms. Or even go for a small puff on the shoulder seam as these tend to have roomier armholes.

And do not even think about wearing spaghetti straps on a dress or a sleeveless shift dress, these just make your arms look ginormous!!
Instead try and go for fluted sleeves, the more exaggerated the better, think bootleg on a heavier thigh!I know it will be like trying to find a needle in a haystack! So when you find that dress let me know as I will want to get one too!

The thing is that in the summer I want to wear the least amount of clothes possible to keep cool, so the last thing I want to be doing is putting a cardi on top of something to cover my arms, I just get too hot! So come on you designers out there listen to real women with real bodies and make what we want to buy!

No comments:

Post a Comment