Because every woman needs a little Therapy...

Saturday 9 December 2017

A Wee Blast From The Past

Hello Ladies,

After a rather long day in the shop I was just scrolling through my blog in reverse and giving myself a wee pat on the back at some of the lovely clothes and enthusiasm I've produced over the last few years. When I got to the very bottom of my blog page I found this, the first thing I wrote when I was designing my Therapy blog page. I hope you'll agree that it still holds true:   

 

Why Spending Money on Clothes is Important!

Many of us have husbands and partners who have no idea why we enjoy shopping.
When we decided on a name for our shop, I came up with Therapy. When Chris asked me what I wanted our shop to be I said that I wanted it to be a place where women could come and relax and have a nice time, whether they were shopping or not.

Retail Therapy. Yes it's a modern-day buzz word. But it's also true. Shopping is therapeutic! Okay, it's still open to abuse and I have been pretty much a shopaholic in my time. (My husband would argue that I still am!) but everything in moderation, as they say...

So, shopping can offer some "me time" or time with girlfriends, or time with our mum, or a boost to our confidence when we're feeling low, or a celebration when we're feeling good.


Just as clothes say a lot about who we are and the persona we wish to present to the world, shopping gives us a sense of hope, a pause in our daily lives.

The best way to enjoy shopping is to do it mindfully. Like everything, shopping should be a pleasure, whatever the reasons. Not easy when you're up to your eyes in Sainsburys' Fruit & Veg aisle, but definitely possible when you're mooching around a cute little boutique with friends.

So next time your other half looks quizzical, tell him that you need a little Therapy!
Laura x
 
Aw, it makes me quite emotional to read this again after so many years. It reminds me of the hope and optimism that I felt all those years ago when I first happened upon our beloved Petworth and realised that I'd found my Brigadoon. 
 
And it also reminds me that I still feel the same way, because sometimes we need reminding of the good things that we have in our life: The people we love, the home that protects us, the community that nutures us, our body that does so much for us (even though we wish it a different shape!) Yes, all the things that make our life complete and that we so often take for granted. So here's to a loving and laughter-filled festive season and a new year filled with gratitude.
 
Love, Laura xx 

1 comment:

  1. It was during my research on HIV/Herpes that I stumbled upon the Hiv/Herpes information; information which is quite easy to find when doing a search for STD on google. I was into conspiracy at the time thought of HIV/Herpes Cured' being a conspiracy was something Ignorance though,I found pretty interesting about herbal medicine. I asked questions about the Herbal cure's on official HIV/Herpes websites and I was banned for doing so by moderators who told me that I was parroting Hiv/Herpes propaganda. This reinforced my belief that there is a cure for Hiv/Herpes Then i found a lady from germany name Achima Abelard Dr Itua Cure her Hiv so I send him a mail about my situation then talk more about it and send me his herbal medicine I drank for two weeks.And today I'm Cured no Hiv/Herpes in my life,I searched for Hiv/Herpes groups to attempt to make contact with people in order to learn more about Hiv/Herpes Herbal Cure's I believed at this time that you with the same disease this information is helpful to you and I wanted to do the best I could to spread this information in the hopes of helping other people.That Dr Itua Herbal Medicine makes me believes there is a hope for people suffering from,Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Cancer,Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.Infertility, ,Epilepsy ,Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpes,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Copd,Diabetes,Hepatitis,I read about him online how he cure Tasha and Tara,Conley,Mckinney and many more suffrin from all kind of disease so i contacted him . He's a herbal doctor with a unique heart of God, Contact Emal..drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Phone or whatsapp..+2348149277967.

    ReplyDelete